Select Page

The Funder.

In the world of real estate investment, funders play a pivotal role as the financial engine that propels projects forward. Their primary function is to inject the necessary capital to breathe life into developments and initiatives. Acting as catalysts for progress, funders enable the acquisition of properties, the development of structures, and the overall growth of the real estate landscape. Their influence extends beyond mere financial support; they are instrumental in shaping the trajectory of urban development, contributing to the physical and economic transformation of communities. In essence, funders act as the vital force that turns visions of real estate potential into tangible, thriving assets.

Many Types of property funders.

Gap Funders

Capital Partners

Placement Partner

Strategic Acquisition Partner

Investor 1

Gap Funder

A GAP funder is an individual or entity that provides financing to cover the difference or “gap” between the amount already funded or financed for a particular project (such as a real estate deal) and the total funding needed. In real estate, for example, GAP funding often involves a relatively short-term arrangement, and the funder may earn a return on their investment through interest payments or, in some cases, through profit sharing from the success of the project.


  • Generally, 80% of a property’s funding is secured through traditional sources, a GAP funder may step in to provide the remaining 20% of the required funds.
  • Typically, funding amounts range from $50,000.
  • Typically, the duration ranges 3 to 6 months.

Investor 2

Capital Partner

A capital partner is an individual or entity that provides financial capital for a real estate venture or project. Typically, capital partners contribute funds to support the acquisition, development, or improvement of a property.

An illustration of capital partnership can be seen in a Joint Venture (JV) where parties collaborate to undertake a real estate project. In such arrangements, the capital partner’s investment is crucial for financing the venture, and they may have a stake in the profits generated by the project.


  • Typically, Capital Partners commonly contribute amounts ranging from $75,000 to $150,000
  • Typically, the duration is approximately 3 to 6 months.

Investor 3

Placement Partner

Monthly payments to the Placement Partner, ranging from 6% to 8%, form a structured repayment plan. As the investment period concludes, Fox usually refinances the property, enabling the return of funds to the Placement Partner. This straightforward approach ensures a mutually beneficial partnership throughout the investment venture.


  • Typically, ranging from $50,000 to $150,000.
  • Typically, duration could last 3-5 years.

Investor 4

Strategic Acquisition Partner

The Partner brings a specific set of skills or harnesses specific knowledge about the highest and best use of a property. This partner could be a contractor, bringing expertise in construction and development, ensuring that the project is executed efficiently and up to industry standards. Their role extends beyond financial contributions, as they contribute valuable insights into optimizing the property’s potential. 


  • Market Analysis
  • Finding more opportunities
  • Streamlining the project

Check any that apply: